Over a decade of web development experience with a focus on customizable, maintainable and performant front and back-end solutions. I've worked with smaller to medium-sized teams developing a variety of web apps and websites in both agency and enterprise environments.
Contractor / Freelance - Senior Web Developer 09/2019–Present
- Supported continued development of front-end frameworks using valid HTML5 and CSS3.
- Ensured complex features were cross-browser and mobile friendly.
Aware Web - Senior Web Developer 10/2013–03/2019
- Implemented a FED process that covered design, development, hand-off and project management patterns.
- Developed a multitude of highly customize-able plugins used on multiple projects.
- Consistently produced well-documented, efficient and light-weight code to internal and external teams.
- Participated in user experience discussions on how to best guide user interactions.
- Created custom animations and interactions to improve the look and feel of websites.
- Maintained, nurtured and matured client relationships that spanned multiple years and projects.
- Helped coordinate team members across projects to improve project efficiency.
- Mentored, taught and helped team members on web standards, best practices and implementation problems.
- Managed multiple clients and projects while maintaining varying timelines.
Capella University - Web Developer 09/2012–04/2013
- Created features using dynamic data and optimized performance for high-traffic site.
- Coordinated with team on progress to address and prioritize road blocks or potential problems.
Azul 7 - Web Developer 04/2011–08/2012
- Developed custom themes and features for WordPress sites.
- Built a design presentation tool to ease communications between team and client.
- Animated Flash banners while maintaining client's tech specifications.
- Supported outside developers with optimized interfaces to implement in .NET.
Salt Creative (Formerly: ASI Communications) - Interactive Developer 03/2009–03/2011
- Created a custom content management system used for multiple clients.
- Decreased site-load times and optimized search engine scores on multiple websites.
- Worked effectively and expressed ideas with team to provide high quality client service.
- HTML5 / CSS3
- AJAX / JSON / XML
- PHP / MySQL / OOP
- Responsive / SEO
- UX / Accessibility
- Adobe Creative Suite
Education & Achievements
The Art Institutes International Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Bachelor of Science Degree in Web Design & Interactive Media
Best of Show Web Design & Interactive Media
Honors and Dean’s List Recipient
Oct. '05–Dec. '08